Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Tiny Golden Treasure and Quilts


I finally finished Goldie- she is about the same size as the little Pug. She's a fancy fantail goldfish.

I wasn't able to get my creations over to the Crone Cottage yet because my husband sold his 11 year old Jeep and we spent four nights car shopping last week. Thankfully he made a decision- a Mazda 3, which is really nice. Now I have car envy. Last Saturday I went to Poor Farmer's Market near Piqua, OH to the antique tractor show. Really, I just went to the quilt show, which featured quilts made by my mother, aunt, and grandmother. I could have gone to CC today, but I was too busy laying out in the sun and putting the final touches on Goldie. I'm also reading "The Mermaid Chair," by Sue Monk Kidd, which I found at Poor Farmer's Market for $1. Oh...was I supposed to do housework today?

The quilts are awesome and high quality- most of them are king sized, except the smaller baby sized quilts that my grandmother likes to make (not shown here). Apparently the ladies did well at Poor Farmer's market. I'm going to help my mother get her Etsy account working so she can list the quilts. My pictures in no way do them justice-- luckily the ladies hired a professional photographer. This is just a sample: