Monday, July 26, 2010

Elliana's Room

The baby's room is finally finished, with possibly two weeks to spare!

Thanks goes to my husband for painting the walls and dresser, and hanging of items on the walls and ceiling, as well as putting the crib together. Thanks goes to my mother and grandmother for making the quilt, bumper, and valances.






I painted unfinished bird houses that I purchased at a craft store to match the room.












I painted this little bedside dresser to match the full-size dresser. The turtle lamp is Tiffany style and makes a great night-light.










The goldfish and other mobile items are made from felt.










The mobile is hung using ribbon-covered embroidery hoops.









I painted the mirror and knobs in Strawberry Pink. The koi pond painted floor cloth is acrylic on duckcloth, with several layers of polyurethane topped with a thin layer of paste wax.




The letters are painted to match the koi fabric that makes up the quilt and valances.






No comments: